About The Lessons
Beginner Guitar Lessons
For beginner students, you need a teacher who can also act as a cheerleader of sorts. Beginners benefit from a supportive and encouraging learning environment. Beginner students will make mistakes and not know what direction they may want to go with the instrument. It is during this time I prefer to focus on a wide variety of basic guitar skills and let the student explore the guitar while learning songs they choose.
Intermediate Guitar Lessons
Intermediate students are best served by a true teacher. These students are in the prime position for correcting their bad habits and exploring new playing styles and musical genres to expand their musical background. It is also important to develop the student’s ability to pick out songs by ear at this stage.
Advanced Guitar Lessons
- Digital Audio Recording Techniques using Garageband or Studio One
- Microphone Techniques such as selection and placement
- Songwriting and Composition
- Music Theory and Soloing Concepts
First off students will be required to have their own guitar for practicing at home. Now I know this seems obvious, but I have been asked on occasion if that was necessary. Both acoustic and electric guitars are acceptable and only affect the student’s learning process as far as the musical styles they wish to learn, and that acoustic guitars take more finger strength to play. I recommend that if you are in the Gadsden area, you should take the guitar to Gadsden Music Co. and allow for one of the techs to set it up for better playability.
The student will also be required to have guitar picks on hand unless they are studying classical guitar with me. A tuner will also be necessary for their usage at home, but in lessons I will assist in tuning their guitar. I provide custom lesson materials for the students and recommend a one-inch three-ring binder to keep the materials in. My students are also welcome to purchase and bring any additional books and materials they choose to.
Recommended Beginner Guitar Packages
- Squier by Fender Strat Electric Guitar Pack w/ Frontman 10G, Black
- Yamaha Gigmaker EG Electric Guitar Pack with Amplifier, Gig Bag, Tremolo Bar, Tuner, Instructional DVD, Cable, Strap, Strings, and Picks – Black
- Dean Electric Guitar Starter Pack with Vendetta XMT Metalic Red, 10 Watt Amp, Gig Bag, Cord, Strap, Picks
- Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag – Natural
- Yamaha Gigmaker Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Package with Gig Bag, Tuner, Instructional DVD, Strap, Strings, and Picks – Natural
- Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic Guitar Jam Pack
- Guitar for Kids for Ages 5-9 (Hal Leonard Guitar Method (Songbooks))
- Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique
- 30-Day Guitar Workout: An Exercise Plan for Guitarists
- Guitar World Presents John Petrucci’s Wild Stringdom
- Terrifying Technique for Guitar